KSA Recovery Reference
1. Statutes of Limitations
- Commercial Claims: 5 years from cause of claim.
- Enforcement of bills of exchange / promissory notes: 3 years form maturity date.
2. Int. Commercial Arbitration
- Member of 1958 NY Convention: Yes.
- Dedicated arbitration law: Yes (based on UNCITRAL model law).
3. Collateralization Security Interest:
- Saudi Arabian Commercial Mortgage Regulation defines the procedures to perfect various types of security interest. A dedicated security interest register is available.
- Title-based collateral: Only hire-purchase agreements are available. Retention of title is not recognized under Saudi laws/regulations.